Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MAXYSIS VS LAUNCH SCANPAD101
MAXYSIS VS LAUNCH SCANPAD101

2918 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-26 16:01:35

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-16 07:16:42
     Hello and good morning, guys as you know I mentioned that I now have a Launch scanpad101, and also the Maxysis... I haven't had a chance to test many cars with both as of yet but so far, I scanned Nissan,Infiniti and a few older model Jaguars. Let me first say that the layout is similar, but hands down I have to give it to the Maxysis. The Launch WILL NOT get into all the subsystems as the Maxysis..,The Infiniti had over 28 subsystems and I was able to access them all with Autel and it offered more function, and the Launch was only getting me into about 18...also it had less capacity for special functions...My live data with the Jaguars while using Launch did not allow me to see the air shock damper voltage ,height sensors data, and retention tank parameters psi...but the Autel did...neither gave actuation of the module with the older Jaguars, and did I mention speed??The Autel scanned more modules faster than the Launch did with less. I will say I like the response of the screen of the Launch more than the Autel. Now I will post more info later...

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    brianschwinghammer

2015-07-16 11:02:24

Hello, Wondering how the scanpad 101 does on ford, gm, and chrysler?
    thank you.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-16 14:58:19 (Reply to:brianschwinghammer)
     I'll let you know asap.One other feature that I really like about the scanpad is that it always keeps the last version of software next to the newest update and you can use either,for ex. if the newest version has flaws you can choose to use the last version instead of unlike Autel we have no choice we must use whatever the update is..Launch I assume does this in case the new release has issues and the client can always have access the the previous version software..This is a chapter Autel needs to take from the Launch booklet..

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-16 15:00:59 (Reply to:brianschwinghammer)
    Should have a gm tomorrow to test

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-19 18:36:04 (Reply to:brianschwinghammer)
      ok the Launch does well with GM...I like that it has unlock features like tv,and radio,and retractable antenna...I scanned 2008 Tahoe,and a 2013 Malibu...does very good and I like the layout of the Maxysis better.The Launch is better on older Europeans vehicles not just new...1996-2003 Mercs,and Bimmers...The Autel isnt as strong on older models.I havent had a chance to scan and Chryslers yet but as soon as I do I will let you know..The functions are basically the same for the GM...but I think the Launch just has more dependable software....both allow your to access epb,srs,maintenance, oil reset, steering angle reset, brake wear reset,coding,programming, filter reset,cbs reset on bimmers etc Until next time happy wrenching.

•   Level 7   
    (962) points
    912guy
    2015-07-26 16:01:35 (Reply to:brianschwinghammer)
     here is the software capacity for Chrysler:
      1.For 2007-2008 Crossfire, newly added Read DTC, Clear DTC, Data Stream, Actuation Test and Version Information to PCM, TCM, BCM, TPM, CLP, ESP, HVAC, IC, SKREEM and SLA. 
             2.Added newly Automatically Search for 2007-2008 Crossfire. 
             3.Added Most Recent Cool Down Test Results, First Passed Cool Down Test Results, Actuator Calibration Test, HVAC Cool Down Test to HVAC for Car Models after 2013. 
             4.Added Auto Door Lock, Auto Door Unlock, Read Current Vehicle Configuration, Read Original Vehicle Configuration, Unlock Driver Door On 1st Press, Change Language Preference, Change Measurement Units, Disable Seatbelt Minder Chime, Language Preference, Measurement Unit, Seatbelt Alert Minder, Seatbelt Alert System, Service Interval-Diesel, Service Interval-Gas, up''||''&''||''#100;ate Measurement Unit)to CCN for Car Models after 2013. 
             5.Added Read DTC, Clear DTC, Data Stream, Actuation Test, Version Information and Configuration Information to PCM for Car Models after 2014. 
             6.For car models before 2010, improved Injector Quantity Adjustment, DPF Replacement, Manual DPF Regeneration to PCM. 
             7.For car models before 2011, improved Quick Learn to TCM. 
             8.For 2004-2005 car models, improved Check PCM Odometer, Check PCM VIN, Diesel Particulate Filter (New) Initialization, Diesel Particulate Filter (Used) Learning, EGR System Test, Exhaust Throttle Plate Adaptive Learn Position, Fuel Mean Value Adaptation Initialization, IMA Rapid Calibration, Injector Kill System Test, Injector Quantity Adjustment, Manual Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration, NOx Catalyst (New) Initialization, NOx Catalyst (Used) Learning, NVLD Forced Monitor Test, O2 Heater System Test:1bank, O2 Heater System Test:2bank, Purge Vapors System Test, Reset Memory to PCM. 
             9.For 2004-2015 car models, improved Initialize ORC and Rollover Detection to ORC. 
             10.For car models before 2013, improved Injector Kill Test and Purge Vapors System Test to PCM. 
             11.For car models before 2012, improved Auto Door Lock, Auto Door Unlock, Read Vehicle Configuration, Unlock Driver Door On 1st Press, Change Language Preference, Seatbelt Alert Minder 
  Total1 Pages